There is no sexier feeling than a 3 piece lingerie set with the stunning matching suspender belt. Boux have recently expanded their suspender range, in their Valentine's collection including detachable suspender Basques, all the frills suspender belts and trending leg harnesses.
Looking at data trends it looks like this how to guide has come at a perfect time, with Suspender Belt searches up by 30% year on year, and up by 60% from the start of January to now, according to google search trends. It seems with Valentine's around the corner, everyone is after the sexier lingerie style, that has average monthly search volume of 4.4K (Google Search).
There is no denying, that suspender belts aren’t the easiest item of lingerie to put on - especially when you are trying to attach stockings or hold-ups to the suspender straps (we all know the flexibility needed to attach the back clips especially!). So, to make the process of attaching your suspenders a lot easier, we have pulled together this guide with some of our lingerie expert’s top tips and explanations of the key differences between stockings, suspenders, leg harnesses and hold-ups… Boux Avenue is definitely bringing sexy back, this Valentine's!
How to Attach Suspenders to Stockings or Hold Ups
Suspenders, or suspender belts have to be one the sexiest piece of lingerie styles around. They sit around your waist or on the hips, they aren't just for looking sexy, they also do have an important use to make sure your stockings stay up.
- Once you have the bra and knickers of your choosing on, put the matching suspender belt on around your waist, fastening it on the most comfortable hook.
- Once the belt is on, decide whether you would rather tuck the suspender belt straps under the knickers, or have them running over the top. We advise wearing your suspender straps under your knickers for a more seamless look. However if you have gone for a frillier suspender style like our Tegan suspender, we would recommend wearing the straps over the knickers – this way you won’t cover up any of the gorgeous detailing.
- Take a seat and gently pull your stockings, or hold-ups on - be careful not to cause any ladders.
- Open the clips of the suspender belt straps, pull the stocking or hold-up top over the rubber section of the clip, with the metal and rubber part sitting on top.
- With the stocking top in-between the rubber part of the clip and the second metal part, push the rubber circle through, catching the stocking and securing it (the rubber circle should then be pushed down to the narrow end of the clip).
- Repeat steps four & five for each suspender strap until they are all securely attached to your hosiery.
A trend that keeps on getting bigger and bigger in the lingerie world are Basques. The trend first kicked off a couple of years ago thanks to Bridgerton and their corsetry inspired clothing, influencing the lingerie trends. What makes Basques so special is the fact they have two uses - one there is no denying they are a sexy stlye piece of lingerie to bring the heat to the room, but secondly they work perfectly with the underwear as outerwear trend, pair with jeans or a suit and you have the perfect Valentine's date look. These Basques also come with detachable suspender ends, for versatile wear.
Trending Leg Harness
Taking the lingerie world by storm are leg harnesses, the 2.0 of suspender belts. The beauty with leg harness, they have the same sexy lingerie and glam appeal as a suspender belt but you don't need a full guide on how to wear them. Leg harness sit comfortable on your waist, helping to empasise your sensual curves, whilst you place your legs through the band, no awkward attaching or flexibility needed here.
With soo many different styles, designs and options available you are sure to find one that you feel comfortable in, whilst feeling sexy and confident!
Boux Avenue's Suspender Lingerie Sets
Stockings and Hold Ups
- Neon pink top hold ups - Nude £10.00 - Pair perfectly with Lotti
- Pink top hold ups - Nude £10.00- Pair perfectly with Alette
- Red plain top hold ups - Nude £10.00 - Pair perfectly with Rubie
Link to high res imagery: