Gifting lingerie this Christmas is definitely a present for the both of you, and a way to bring a bit of magic on a festive evening. However there are a few key facts to remember when gifting her lingerie, and luckily here at Boux we have pulled the insider tips together, to help all the partners out there gifting lingerie this Christmas.
When gifting your girlfriend, fiancé or wife lingerie, it’s about making her feel fabulous. This means that sizing, style and sultriness level all need to be on point, with her preferences (and not yours!) prioritised. Now, to make sure you really hit that (lacy…) brief, Boux’s ultimate guide on how to gift lingerie has got you, guys. The full guide can also been found on The Avenue to be able to help all of Boux's consumers. Now it is time to find the right sexy little something lingerie style she will love.
This guide will go over the following:
- How to get the right size
- Breakdown of Bra Measurements
- A Guide to the different Lingerie Styles (Warning! There are a lot of different styles we take you though)
How To Get The Right Size
Bra size - never something to be guessed or estimated, even 81% of women aren't wearing the right bra size! You’ll likely need to do some subtle spying before you begin your browsing sesh. Bra sizes in the UK will look a little something like this - 32C / 36B / 40DD - so you know what you’re looking for when you check her favourite bra’s label. Choose one that she wears often, to be sure it’s a size she feels comfy in.
For everything else, usual clothes sizes apply. An even number between 6 and 18 will be most likely or letters XS through to XL. But how to hunt for the right size? Simple - take a dress and a pair of jeans of hers, check the labels and voilà! You’re now ready to match the perfect size knickers or thong with the bra!
If you want to go the extra mile. Boux Avenue offer Bra Fitting experiences, where women are able to be fitted in any of the 30 Boux Avenue stores, to ensure she is definitely wearing the correct bra size. Make it a day for her going shopping, lunch or dinner out and a bra fit as you want to ensure she is feeling comfortable in the wright bra, as comfort starts with lingerie. If prefer the comforts of home or there is no store near you, Boux Avenue have a Guide on How to measure Bra Size, along with a Bra Fit Quiz on their site.
Breakdown of Bra Measurements
We mentioned when looking for bra size you will be looking for something like - 32C / 36B / 40DD - but was does the number and letters actually mean?
The numbers refer to the underband size, which actually provides the most support for the bra. So this measurement is key to comfort and boob health. The underband number links in with measurements taken when placing a tape measure around her ribcage, directly under her bust (along the bottom of where the band would sit). The tape needs to be snug against her body, and level all the way around. Convert charts below!
The letter elements in the bra size refer to cup size. For full guide on how to check cup size, you can visit Boux's Bra Fitting Guide. Below is a conversion chart on different cup sizes across the globe.
A Guide To Different Lingerie Styles
From all the different bra styles (and trust us there is a lot) to sexy bodysuits, briefs or thongs, suspenders and now leg harnesses, there are hundreds of options out there. But fear not, as Boux is here to help you make sense of all the different lingerie styles, and make the most empowering, flattering and luscious lingerie choice for your lady.
Bra Style Guide
Boux does have a full Bra Style Guide on their site to be able to help you understand all the different styles but we have pulled a quick partner friends guide for you below. Boux Avenue bras range in sizes from an A cup up to a G cup.
- Plunge Bra - perfect option for clothing with plunging necklines due to the low-cut ‘V’ shape neckline. Provides support and lift, so are super flattering and comfy and emphasising the cleavage so well! It is no wonder why plunge styles are Boux's most recommended bra style when having a bra fit, and no surprise why Boux's Mollie Plunge Bra sells every 10 seconds!! A definite winner!
- Balconette Bra - also known as Balcony, have a horizontal cup shape and a higher centre front - this gives great support and provides an uplifted round shape to the bust! Straps tend to be wider and join from the side of the cup, rather than the front like most bras.
- Longline Bra - feature an under band which extends down towards the waist. They provide more coverage, making them also a great lingerie top as worn to be seen!
- Padded Style - has added padding; giving the bust a more rounded and smooth shape than you would get with unpadded styles.
- Unpadded - as it says doesn't have the added padding like padded bras. You can find unpadded styles across balcony bras, plunge bras, longline bras and most come with intricate embroidery lace details or sheer lace fabrics.
- Bralette - has slightly less support than a regular bra, either due to being non-wired, unpadded or both.
- T-Shirt Bra - designed to be smooth and seamless under clothing, thanks to the soft moulded cups. The slight padding in t-shirt bras provides a natural rounded shape.
- Strapless - a must-have, as they will give her the complete support of a normal bra, but without straps. Perfect to go under strapless dresses or tops.
Lingerie bodysuits are an all time fave, they are a gorgeous piece of sexy lingerie as well as a fabulous lingerie top for showing off! From plunge unpadded lace body suits to sexy underwired lace bodysuits you will find something perfect for her! Boux Bodysuits also come in various bottom styles either a thong bodysuit or a brief bodysuit with poppers to be able to choose from.
We defiantly don't get our knickers in a twist here at Boux, and are leading experts selling one pair every 12 seconds! You will be able to find a full Knicker Guide on The Avenue, but we have put a mini one below for you.
- Thongs & G-Stings - Barely there and super flattering, whilst banishing that dreaded VPL. Thongs and G-Strings won't cover her derrière like some other styles - instead, a thin piece of material sits between her cheeks. Thongs are always a favourite and here at Boux, we sell one thong every 23 seconds!
- High Waited Knickers - have come back in style and we aren't talking about your Bridget Jones style! We are talking about sexy lace Hollywood Golden Era glam styles. Which is perfect for those women who aren't confident about their stomach, but still want to feel sexy. The high waist feature will enhance her curves in all the right ways. There may also be some super comfy lounge versions too!
- French & Brazilian Knickers - The main difference between the two is that whilst Brazilian knickers will have you bearing some bum (not quite as much as a thong!), French knickers are traditionally made from lace and provide similar coverage to knicker shorts.
- No VPL - Stands for No Visible Panty Line. These style do exactly that, due to the seamless style and smoothing material.
Suspenders and Leg Harnesses
We love a full set at Boux, and so will she. Now you have worked out the bra style and knicker style, you can complete the look with either a suspender belt or leg harness across a large selection of Boux's matching lingerie sets. Suspender Belts sit perfectly on her waist to show off those fabulous curves and can be paired with a pair of hold ups for a bit of Je ne sais quoi. Suspenders look beautiful but they can be a bit tricky to put on, do they go over, or under the knickers, how do you attach the hold ups? Well Boux Avenue has their How to wear Suspenders Guide on hand to help her.
The latest style taking over the lingerie world and are a lot easier to master than suspenders is the leg harness, truly bringing sexy back into lingerie. This is the latest lingerie accessory in provocative lingerie, where she can showcase her more dominatrix side with PVU harness or still feel feminine and empowered in Boux's lace designs. Our favourite is the new Jessica Set, featuring hot crystals to have her sparkling in the night!
Now you are a fully an expert in the lingerie world and should be able to buy the perfect set that will leave her feeling sexy, confident and most importantly comfortable.
Link to High Res Images: https://boux-avenue.prowly.com/presskits/tis-the-season