Boux Avenue, the UK's leading lingerie specialists recently carried out research with YouGov, where they discovered a massive 68% of women aged 18-44 in the UK don't enjoy shopping for swimwear*.
- Only 5% of females asked liked shopping for swimwear a lot*
- 37% answered not very much at all, with 31% answering not very much*
- 24% of females answered they like shopping for swimwear a little*
So Why Do Women Not Like Shopping For Swimwear?
- Body Confidence - around half of women (52%)** explained how shopping for swimwear can lower their self esteem as they don't like the way they look in swimwear feeling self-conscious, along with finding it hard to find a flattering style. - With 36% saying tummy control is a key feature they look for in swimwear* Further proving women aren't looking to confidently bare all in swimwear, but instead looking for coverage, due to struggling with body confidence when considering their swimwear purchases.
- The Perfect Fit - many women listed finding it hard to find swimwear that fits correctly and therefore impacting on body positivity as a reason to not enjoy buying new pieces
- The cost of swimwear - finding it too expensive for an item that is not worn that often.
- Shopping Experience - finding it hard to find their sizes, or the correct size for their figure, along with trying on process feeling awkward in stores.
Images follow as : Pear Shape, Apple Shape, Hourglass, Athletic and Inverted Triangle - Credit Boux Avenue
Why Have a Bikini Top Fitting?
Key things to look out for to be able to tell if you are wearing the wrong size bikini top?
- The Underband - this should not raise up the back and should be in line with the wires at the front. The underband needs to stay in place when moving. However, your personal preference may affect this.
- Straps - not digging into your shoulders, and taut enough that they don't fall off your shoulders.
- Cups - encasing the bust - not gapping or digging in.
- Wires - sitting under the armpit and encasing all breast tissue.
- Center front - sitting in between the bust and flush against the breast bone offering separation.
*All figures, unless otherwise stated, are from YouGov Plc. Total sample size was 4,432 adults, 1,030 of which were females aged 18-44. Fieldwork was undertaken between 8th - 12th July 2022. The survey was carried out online. The figures have been weighted and are representative of all UK adults (aged 18+).
**Taken from coded data calculated by Boux Avenue