The UK’s leading lingerie brand Boux Avenue have discovered through data of 41,380 women in the UK that only 19% are wearing the correct bra size. That is a whooping 81% wearing the wrong size, with 26% wearing a cup size too big!
According to Google Trends, Bra fitting searches actually hit the highest they had seen for five years in April and August 2021, right after the 2nd UK lockdown!! Overall Google trends are recording searches for ‘Bra Fitting’ and ‘Bra Fitting Near Me’ showing a combined average monthly search volume of 7,300! With an average of 880 people a month searching specifically for Boux Avenue Bra Fittings.
So which are the most popular months for a bra fitting service?
Here at Boux we can report the most popular months for a bra fitting is February and August. Now February is no surprise with it being the month of love. With a rise in lingerie sales it is natural to see a rise in bra fittings as customers are wanting to ensure they look their best in their new bra ready for Valentine's Day.
Boux also sees a rise in August. There a couple of factors to this, the first being students starting university in September and working on their new in wardrobe (Students receive 20% off at Boux). Another factor is that Boux offer a selection of Bikini's in bra sizes, and to ensure you are wearing the correct size bikini, customers are opting to have a bra fitting before their holiday.
HOW OFTEN DO YOU NEED TO GET MEASURED?
Here at Boux we advise that you should have a bra fitting every 6-12 months to ensure you are wearing the right fit and style for your bust.
Luckily Boux Avenue have you covered with their Bra Fitting Service available in all 28 of their UK stores. The Boux Avenue Bra fitting experience is dedicated to taking time and care into every individual fitting session by their expertly trained fitters. With the service taking up to 30 minutes offering either a “no touch” or “regular” bra fitting service depending on the customers preference. The service doesn’t only help the customer find their perfect size and most comfortable fit bra, but also offers advice on the best style of bra for your shape. In fact plunge bras are the most recommended style at Boux, which is why it is no surprise that our famous Mollie Plunge Bra for £26.00 sells every 10 minutes.
To arrange a bra fitting at your nearest Boux Avenue store you can book in advance online, or pop into your nearest store and request a bra fitting service. If there is not a store near you, there is no need to panic as Boux Avenue also offers advice on their Avenue Blog with top tips on how to measure yourself, Bra type style guide, and their recent post regarding wrong bra sizes!
Why do you need to be fitted every 6 - 12 Months?
Just like with your clothing, your bra size can change frequently too, which is why it’s important to get measured every 6 to 12 months. But why do bra sizes change?
- Weight loss or gain – gaining or losing just a few pounds can have an impact on your bra size as your bust is made from fat tissue, so it’s important to get measured with any significant changes in weight.
- Hormones – your bust can change size throughout your cycle due to fluctuations in estrogen and progesterone. Whilst Boux isn't suggesting you get measured every month, it might be worth having a TOTM bra for when your boobs are feeling extra-full.
- Age – your bust can actually change with age – especially when you’re nearing menopause.
- Exercise – if you’ve just started out on a new fitness regime, you might be surprised to see changes in your bust! Exercises that work your chest and back can have an impact on your bra size.
- Birth control – it’s no secret that hormonal birth control can have an impact on your bra size! Many women notice that their boobs increase in size when starting on a new type of birth control, so it’s always worth getting measured when you make any changes.
Taking all of these elements into consideration it is no surprise to see why soo many people are wearing the incorrect bra size after the pandemic. As a lot of the UK dealt with multiple different changes during lockdown.
Now we are heading back to normality and back to wearing bras regularly again, here at Boux we are calling for all women to go get measured or measure themselves, to ensure they feel their most comfortable in their fabulous lingerie. After all a perfectly fit bra is all you need to feel sexy, empowered and comfortable all day long! Not forgetting that your bust is getting the full and correct support it deserves!
Link to high res imagery: https://boux-avenue.prowly.com/presskits/bras